Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Blogging is hard work

Seems silly what people think they do for work matters to anyone other than themselves.  Now that I am a cooperate whore willing to do the work of 7 people I am surly part of the problem.  I don't think that I could live with myself any other way.  Being self employed for as long as I was and the type of person owning and operating a business that I had creates a certain type of approach to work that surely does not seem to be shared by the majority of the people that I run into.   Some have the drive and desire to challenge themselves but most don't.  It is funny that the ones who do are so skilled that they really could ride it out in easy fashion but would be bored.  Myself on the other hand am learning the skills needed to be successful in a completely different career.  Hard work and just basis learning your job seems to be a crossover successful strategy.  The ones who are vulnerable still try to stay in the pack as if it is a safer place for them to be.  I guess when you are as intelligent and hard working as I am staying in the pack is not a good strategy.  They will never trust me anyway so why pretend that they should.  I play life as hard as I can and am not playing a game.  If you can hang with what I bring to the show then good for both of us. If not don't blame me because your brain does not work.   Even though I have made my way forward it is still very humbling to start over and not know what other dumb fuckers already know.   I guess it may keep me young at heart to climb a mountain again.  It seems that my work load is about to triple and I am already working over 60 hours per week and now have the burden to train and teach others what only I have been able to do.  It will be hard. 

Sad thing for me lately is that my life is consumed with work and my drive for success.  It seems like that would be a good thing but anything can be over done and like anything I tend to over do.  One sure way to know that you had enough is to have too much.  It makes me wonder what my next career will be.

One good thought that I had worth sharing other than I work hard and am good at what I do but still fuck up here and there is that we tend never to focus on the friends that you have in your life right now.  They are the most valuable friends that you have as they define the person you are now.....I enjoy and embrace all of my friends who I never lost track or love for but an open heart for those who's days we can improve have tremendous value.  It is important to be important everywhere you are.  It is the only way to turn a new location into a new home.   

No comments: