Sunday, March 19, 2017

Its been a while since I have Blogged. But who would notice anyway

Hello All,

It has been 37 years since my last confession.   I should go to Church and Pray to God for all the things I want but I still think doing the work is a better way to get what you want.  To bad that even after all your needs are met we are still wanting more and more.  I have a house three cars,  74 guitars, a pool and patio and enough friends that I ignore them.  But yet I still want more.  Thank goodness I can't eat food 24 hours a day as I would.  Humans are purely insatiable creatures.  The worst thing is to let others know what you want as they surely will not give it to you and the ones that would we would not want to bother with.  It must be the conflict that keeps us interested.  I had an interesting few months.  I joined a old school Rock band and we had our first gig.  It was a high school reunion for some old timers that I have no connection to but it was mostly fun  I was worried that I may fuck it up and have to deal with the little Nazi band leader.  He gave me a little bit of shit but I don't think he can help it and at 65 years old I don't think he is going to learn manners.  I learned 55 songs in about 6 weeks.  That was a lot for anyone.  Work has kept me very busy so I did not have much time to study but I guess I studied enough as I made few errors.  The other guys made more errors than me so for that I am happy.  As anyone who knows me knows that I have a big ego and a lot of pride.  I think I am the greatest but putting it down on paper is not as easy as it looks.  I am very pleased with my effort and the band in general.  I do miss the earlier bands that I had as we had so much fun.  Fun was the goal.  Here they want to please the crowd more than anything else.  To play the songs just like the record never interested me but I did smash the shit out of few leads and played them my way.  Music is not supposed to boxed in by walls but the opposite.  You should be breaking your walls down.  Music is definitely a chemistry thing.  We have fair chemistry but not great chemistry.  I still had the best chemistry with my high school buddy Ed.  We had fun and played our young little asses off.  We both sucked then but it was never better than that.  Funny how that is that you can never get back to what you once had.  That bliss is hard to find twice.  At least Ed and I knew it was great and we will always be best of friends for it.


No comments: